Thursday, August 16, 2012

I pulled up behind this guy at a light. I liked his license plate.

I rode along the east side of this lake for several miles thinking it was Flathead lake. Finally a sign says Swan Lake

A lot of this in Montana

I told him to smile, they did after I snapped the picture

A lot of cattle grazing............

..........and a lot of cattle ranches.

I saw a lot of horses, both domestic and wild

A lot of straw.........on my head and in the fields

This bug made me pull over, he hit right in the middle of my focal point.

A nice overlook just before entering Helena, MT

High on the hill she overlooks Butte, MT

A normal shot to give a perpective of how high on the hill

There are a bunch of these mine headrigs standing over the city. Most of them look like they are still ready to run today.


If you like mining, Butte would be a great place for you to visit. I wish I had more time, but still glad that I took a little detour through the city instead of just staying on the interstate.

I think the open pit has replaced all of the shaft mines

First time I've seen this on my trip.

A lot of very dry sagebrush in eastern Idaho.

The smokey sky allowed me to photograph the sun. One minute earlier and it looked really cool, but I was doing 85.

This is part of the town namesake. Idaho Falls off of the Snake river. It is dark out so I will get some better pics on my way out of town.

I thought it might be the capital building. It is kind of pathetic that I'm not sure which city is the capital of Idaho, I always thought it was Boise. That's probably wrong too! This is the LDS temple.



No comments:

Post a Comment